Saturday 5 May 2012

Family Talents

Today the elementary school in our neighborhood hosted a community carnival. It was Jake's first ever such event. Cotton candy, popcorn, pony rides, games, face painting, and musical performances made it a very fun and exciting day. 

But seeing his daddy on stage, performing for all the kids in the crowd, was definitely a highlight for us both. There is something truly special about seeing the person you love sharing his amazing talents and personality, the talent and personality you get to live with every day, with people around you. I was so proud of my husband today. When the concert was over Jake said in a loud proud voice "That's my daddy!" and I thought to myself "That's my husband!" And I love him.  Even if this post embarrasses him to no end.




Husband, I am glad you are mine.



And I hope Jake inherits some of your gifts.

Oliver was digging the pony rides.
Come to think of it, today was an showcase of the talent in my family.  My sister's art set the silent auction on flames.  She donated one of these pieces. It was colorful and brilliant in it's frame, and it was popular - we're talking bidding war popular.
You're awesome, sister! and I love you too.

1 comment:

  1. Despite the unwelcoming temperatures, it was a fun time! M did a great job entertaining the troops. Oliver was a proud nephew-guy...

    ReplyDelete